An authorization code (also known as an EPP code) is required to transfer a domain to another registrar. The following steps will assist you with obtaining a authorization code from the Control Panel. If you have a backroom, refer to this article for instructions.
Obtaining an authorization code
- Access the account Control Panel. For instructions, see this article.
- Click on Account Management at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Domain List icon under Domain Services.
- Under Actions, select Email Authorization Code from the drop down menu.
- Click Email to complete the process.
Note: This process will only work if the domain is unlocked and private registration is turned off. The authorization code can only be emailed to the Whois Admin email address. You do not need to wait for propagation to request the Authorization Code.