The following steps will assist you with changing your nameservers through your Shared Hosting Control Panel. If you have a Backroom, this is done through your Backroom instead; please refer to this article for instructions.
- Log in to your Control Panel. For further details on how to do this, please see this article.
- Click Account Management at the top of the screen.
- Under Domain Services, click the Domain List icon. If you do not see this option:
- Windows plans: Click the “Account Control Panel” icon and log in a second time. Click “Account Management” at the top of the screen.
- Shared Signature UNIX Plans: Click “Account Administration” in the upper left and log in a second time. Click “Account Management” at the top of the screen.
- Locate the domain name you want to modify. You may need to adjust the options above this to find your domain name if you have more than 5 domains with us.
- Make sure that the domain is unlocked by selecting the "Lock/Unlock Registration" option in the drop-down menu to the right of the domain.
- Go back to the domain list and in the drop-down menu select "Edit Nameservers".
- Fill in the nameservers in the fields provided. You do not need the IP addresses of the nameservers you will be using.
- Click Save.
Allow a minimum of 24 to 48 hours for the changes to propagate. Propagation is the time required for all Internet Service Providers to update their internal systems with newly edited information. Propagation is not controlled by Verio.
NOTE: These instructions are only for customers whose domain name was purchased through Verio. If your domain name was not purchased through Verio, please contact your domain name registrar. If you do not know your domain name registrar, you can look it up at whois.net.